Tuesday 2nd June at 10am
- Mixing bowl
- Measuring spoon
- Baking tray
Chef Wendy Barrie will take you through this process on the day, but it’s below if you want to follow it
- 100g wholemeal strong bread flour
- 75g white strong bread flour
- 50g Beremeal flour
- 25g Peasemeal flour
- 1 x level teaspoon of sea salt
- 1 x 7g sachet easy blend yeast
- 100g farmhouse cheese, grated
- A handful of garden chives, snipped
- 4 tablespoons of natural yoghurt
- 15mls Scottish rapeseed oil
- Mix dry ingredients in a mixing bowl, retaining some cheese.
- Make a well in the centre. Add yoghurt and oil.
- Mix to a soft dough, adding a little water if the mixture is too dry.
- Gather the dough together with your hand and knead on a lightly floured surface for 8 minutes until the dough is smooth.
- Divide the dough into 6 and shape into rolls.
- Place on baking tray in a warm place for 15 minutes or so until well risen.
- Scatter with remaining cheese.
- Pre heat oven 220 C / Gas mark 7
- Bake for approx 8-10 minutes until set and toasted on top, with toasted base too.